Monday, February 8, 2010

Who-Effing-Dat?

If you live under a rock, you might not know, but the SAINTS won the Superbowl last night! Not only was this their FIRST Superbowl appearance, but, as mentioned, they WON. I watched the whole thing in a wonderful bar in the gay district of NOLA, and then was dragged (somewhat unwillingly) into Oz, upstairs and onto the balcony to witness the jubilation that was Bourbon Street. (Pictures to come.) As Jay said repeatedly for weeks, this city needed a win. They needed something to party about again. Sure, Bourbon Street is still the epicenter of revelry and debauchery... but man, if you saw the aerial images of New Orleans last night, you KNOW the whole city was flooding the streets and shouting "Who Dat?!" in joy and drunken elation.

As a side note, I bought jerseys for Jay and myself, which cost me my first child, which is alright, because I'm sort of gay. It was the first time I've ever bought a jersey. Most likely the last.

I am in the airport in NOLA, getting ready for boarding. Hopefully they have a seat for me on this plane... I would like to be home tonight, please.

Much, much, much more later.

No comments: