Stress! Ok, so I usually don't stress, but I am now. I have to pass all my classes because I already have my flight and hotel booked to go see Jay... (gulp) I currently have an F in Pharm, which could change easily tomorrow... or I could fail that one too and end up HERE over the break. So much to learn, so little time... Ever since I met Jay, I have become even MORE of a slacker, basically not studying at all and spending all my time talking to him and planning the next time we'll be together. That ended a few days ago, and I got serious about school. He's understanding, but he doesn't like coming 2nd to my schooling. I failed 2 tests last week, tho, and I realized I couldn't go on like that. JW chewed me out pretty good about not being honest with people and told me I'm brilliant and if I could see the stupid things I'm doing, I would change everything. I know he's right. I don't say what I mean to DD or Jay or my stalker, I spend so much time "with" Jay, and I hang out with PB and drink as often as I can, which COMPLETELY destroys my studying for the night. I was told this past weekend that I need to obsess more. It's now written on my mirror in the bathroom. So far, so good, studying like I used to, shaving, eating regularly, etc. Trying to get all my ducks in a row. Not easy.
So the Saints are going to the Superbowl! I REALLY do not care about sports whatsoever, BUT this one is kind of personal. See, my baby is a waiter in NOLA. Last night he called me several times to let me just LISTEN to the wildness and celebration of the crowd. The Saints doing well in football=him doing well in tips and making lots of green. He's been telling me for about 3 or 4 weeks now that he hopes the Saints make it to the Superbowl because it would mean GREAT business for the whole city. A bartender friend of his commented last night that it was like Mardi Gras early when the Saints scored in overtime. With Mardi Gras starting this weekend (when I get there!), and the Superbowl right smack-dab in the middle of the festivities... It's gonna be a good year for commerce in NOLA... and for my baby.
While in NOLA, might get a chance to meet a blogger I've known about and followed on-and-off since I started this blog over a year ago, BrettCajun, who I mentioned a while back. Should be fun! FT and his hag (love her!) are going to NOLA the day after I leave. Poop. Just as well. Jay doesn't need to see one of the guys I previously considered hooking up with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck with finals!!! I'm sure you'll rock out your tests. I can kind of almost imagine how you feel. This semester is gonne be interesting, 14 credit hours of sheer biology (histology, physiology, embryology, and neurobiology). I feel so behinf because I was sick, luckily there is tons of overlap in the begininning, but 3 of my classes all have the same test schedule so i get to study 3 things at once for the same day. The detail isn't on the same level but it's like pre-training for med school...
Hope you have an amazing time with Jay in NOLA after! I'm so excited that you found someone worth your time, energy and love. Wishing you all the best luck with school and the rest of your life (that thing outside of school just in case you forget lol)!!!
Post a Comment