Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another Grossly Long Post

I accidentally deleted my draft blog that was just basically a list of things I needed to talk about on the blog. I'm sure things will come screaming back to me at the most inopportune times. I remember most of the list, though, so let's get started, shall we...

-Mom's Facebook Message: In short, my mother sent me something my old Sunday School teacher (a guy - I was his only student for about 6 months, and I really enjoyed those one-on-one sessions) had posted in response to Elton John stating that Jesus was probably a highly-intelligent gay man. It doesn't matter really what the point of his response was, although it was a good response from the perspective of a conservative Christian man. The thing that bothered me was it was from my MOM, it was a private message, and it was about being gay. She knows. She acts like that was just a letter to encourage me or something I could use when talking to my gay friends here, but I know what she's doing. I told a friend of mine about it, and he said it was nothing probably... So I said, "If YOUR mother sent you a message about being gay and God loving you regardless, what the hell would you THINK she was trying to say?!?!" He got the point. She knows. How much she knows is another issue altogether.

-I mentioned my trainer in a previous post. There was a story from last week on the list that I don't remember, but there's one from this week too. After getting home on Sunday, I was exhausted from the crying. Monday I skipped my assigned routine (a run) because I barely left my pajamas all day and was very depressed. JW called me and told me to spend the day at his place and study, just so i would have someone to keep me company. Well, I made the mistake of telling my trainer on Tuesday (because he asked) that I had skipped it. He got MAD. "You can't skip workouts." I almost fired him on the spot. Who the FUCK does that?! I sat down and pumped out 30 reps because my blood was boiling. When I was a little calmer, I told him I skipped because I was depressed. He told me running might have helped my mood. MOOD?! Yeah, that's what I want: to cheer up and not be in a bad mood. She's DEAD. She won't ever NOT be dead. I'm not in a bad mood. I AM GRIEVING. I don't think my trainer understands the concepts of love, human affection, and desperately missing someone after they're gone. I still might fire him, the son-of-a-bitch.

-Ok, so here we go. Last Tuesday was a big day. First, SW stopped by to pick up his clothes that I've had since the formal. He stopped by as I was about to shave and shower, and I was in my boxers. It felt awkward, since he came over and hugged me. Rumors have been rampant lately about him being bi or gay, and I wasn't sure how I felt about him hugging my mostly-naked body. I talked to him shirtless for a while, and when he left he hugged me again. He told me he 'really would like' to see me come out for a big birthday bash at a bar downtown that night. I said I would try. This is where I play the part of PATHETIC. I mainly went because my stomach flip-flopped when he said he 'really would like' to see me. Hot, blond, masculine, muscular SW wanted to see me! I laugh at myself just thinking about this. At the bar, I discovered he was the only 3rd year, and I was the only 2nd year until about an hour later when several of my classmates came out. I tried to act like I was there for the birthday folks, and tried to not keep gravitating back to SW's side. It was hard. I hardly had anything to talk about with anyone.

Well, here's where the story get annoying. There is this GUY in the first year class who we shall refer to as The Model. This kid did some modeling, talks like a fag, always has his hair done perfect, wears immaculate clothing, obviously does SOMETHING with his skin because it's always shiny, had a male 'friend' drive 8 hours 'just to visit', and has an obsession with SW. SW has been hanging out with The Model and his hag in the last few months, and that apparently is where most of the rumors are coming from, since most everyone knows that the hag, NE, has a soft spot for the gays and hangs with The Model most of the time. Some of the rumors I've heard are that SW asked The Model to join him for a 3-some on the night of the formal, and that he told NE that he was bi.

The Model was out on Tuesday night, and orbited SW like a tall, thin, gay, closeted moon. (Oh yeah, The Model ADAMANTLY denies that he's gay.) It was kinda sad, and I realized I never, ever, ever want to be that guy, the one who worships a demigod because of their looks or charisma. I saw myself in The Model and felt so sad, so pathetic.

Around 11:30 I decided I needed to turn in. I started saying my good-byes, and SW gave me this look. He asked me how he was getting home, and I was like, what? He assumed I was going to be his DD like usual and let him crash at my place. I said, oh, OK, cool, I can do that. Because, hey, I'm a nice guy, and he is my friend, and come on, something could happen... (Again, pa-thet-ic.) Well, after watching him through numerous beers and dancing around, I suddenly can't find him around 1:30 AM. I text him to see if he's ready to go, and what does he say? THE MODEL DROVE HIM BACK TO HIS PLACE. "Pissed" does not even begin to describe my sentiment at the moment. I don't think I have to explain why, but I will:

Point The First: The only reason I stayed and didn't drink was because I was under the assumption that I was going to DD this asshole.

Point The Second: I have been WARNING SW that the reason people think he's gay is because of his association with The Model, and that I think The Model and NE are spreading these rumors about him. (Frankly, SW enjoys the attention, and also enjoys the male sexual attention he gets from gays because it lets him know he's hot.) He blatantly ignores my admonitions and blames the rumors on a girl in my class who could not care less about his sorry ass.

Point The Third: He could have at least texted me that he had a ride. He told me via text later that it was 'amazing' seeing me out that night.

SW has moved up the Black List significantly.

-So I drove home. I called Jay and vented for the 10 minute drive home. I was tired, frustrated, burnt out. He could tell I was not happy, and when I got home I parked the car and sat in it, just being miserable. Jay finally asked, "What's going on in your head? What's wrong? What are you thinking?" And finally, it all came out. Slowly, I told him that I never tell him what I see wrong with our relationship, that there are things I would rather see gone. I went through them one by one: the jealousy thing, especially with SS in NOLA and PB here, keeping the bedroom in the bedroom, and the fact that our sex life is dying out already. He was a little defensive, but for the most part was receptive and willing to listen and attempt a change. The sex life part was the hardest for us both: first, he told me I had hurt him when I said I was frustrated by the fact we only had sex once the second time he visited (he said it was 'emasculating') and second, he said I just want to jump straight to the fucking and skip the foreplay. Basically he was saying the reason he couldn't get hard was because I hadn't worked him up to it, I hadn't romanced him and engaged him enough in foreplay. I was struck by this. Before him, all I DID was foreplay. I never got to the penetration, the sex act, the fucking. I cuddled, I made out, I played, I sucked dick, and I usually played between 1-2 hours before either I or my bedfellow came. Then, when I finally let him pop my cherry, I loved it. I wanted it every day. I told JW about what Jay said, and he agreed that Jay is being like a girl. JW's gf has him do the whole foreplay romance thing because it's what gets her off too. JW summed up the problem nicely: "Sometimes you just want a good, old fashioned fuck." I had to agree. I mean, isn't that one of the benefits of dating a guy, doing away with all the girlie stuff in bed from time to time and getting down to business? Don't get me wrong, I still love foreplay and would medal in the cuddle Olympics. But seriously, if I'm with another dude, I'm expecting to have sex with a dude, not with a chick. It was a curve-ball for sure, and I'm still not sure how I feel. There have been times when I feel I do all the right things and foreplay the shit out that sex session, and he still isn't interested, so I don't really feel like taking the blame for the fact that we haven't bumped uglies more than a dozen times.

Now, again, I love Jay. I love the relationship. I love that I have an awesome emotional connection and bond with someone who cares for me and is fun to talk to and I find highly attractive. I HATE, however, that our sex life is on the rocks. I hate that I feel like I can't talk about how I feel about it without him being hurt, offended, or psychologically scarred. I want to say, "You know, when I decided to have gay sex, it's because I wanted to have sex with a man." If I say it, it'll be OVER.

Anyway, he agreed to try to be less vocal about our sex lives and quit trying to jerk/suck me off in public and show my dick to his friends, and he said he'd work on things in the bedroom. He also said he'd try to be less jealous (he put SS on the phone when he went to the bar one night and told me I should call him the other day when SS was sick, just to show me he wasn't jealous) and trust me a little more.

However, I don't know if he should.

-I am having INTENSE feelings for several other guys. I like JW, but he's the easiest to control my feelings for, since I really care about him and his GF, and also, he has herpes (not bad, they haven't flared up in years and he's off the medicine, but still, he has them), similar to the fact that SW has HPV. However, the DJ in the class has this foreign, quiet, self-deprecating allure that I find very attractive. That, in turn, is nothing compared to how I feel for PB. MPD got me to admit tonight that if PB told me he was gay, I'd leave Jay in a heartbeat, no question about it. Obviously this is NEVER going to happen, but it made me realize Jay has some right to be jealous. I'm not like most gays who sleep around willy-nilly, but lately I've been having doubts about having the ability to stay faithful to Jay. I love PB. There is a deep, masculine, borderline-gay bond between us. I've seen his dick and vice-versa. We've slept together. It's about as close as it could (and should) get without us being actual lovers.

And now there's the problem of MPD. Dear LORD tonight was hard. I brought food over to MPD's place to cook, and he talked incessantly about his problems with the girl, his self-image/esteem/worth, school, etc. We've been talking over the past week on several nights when I come over to his place after the gym (he lives less than a mile from the gym), and he's dating this girl who is going to RUIN him. I had a huge crush on him in the first place, but the fact that he's a) open and vulnerable, b) hurting, c) physically affectionate, d) hopelessly romantic and desperate for love, and e) drop-dead handsome make it nearly impossible for me to not kiss him (at least). Tonight we talked for a long time, and he talked about all his insecurities. He got around to how he feels about his body, and he took off his shirt. A little background: allegedly he hasn't taken his shirt off in front of anyone for nearly 2 years since he last dated. I doubt this is true, as he has to do it for lab, but he says he hates taking his shirt off in front of people. It was obviously a signal that he felt comfortable around me and trusted me. He showed me his tan (he went to the beds yesterday), the fact that he had shaved... I touched his stomach to feel how smooth he was, and he took my hand and put it on his chest and said, "Feel how hot it still is? I got a little burned at the beds." He took off his shirt to let me look at him and give him my honest opinion 'as a friend not a gay guy, don't make this awkward' about his looks and if he should be worried that his GF will not find him attractive when he takes his shirt off. I had a hard time telling him, but I finally was able to get out that he has NOTHING to worry about, and he is very handsome.

A few minutes later, the shakes started.

I got the shakes a few other times: when I messed around with my roommate in college, when I made out with the guy in MX, and when I messed around with one of the first guys here in town. My body and mind are fighting, and I freak out about what could happen. It was guilt and excitement with the first two, excitement with the third, and now it was guilt again. I wanted to run my hands all over his skin, kiss him... It hurt so bad, and I was terrified of actualy doing it. The guilt came from thinking of Jay - 900 miles away, emotionally fickle, sexually struggling, somewhat round, occasionally obnoxious Jay. (This is what my mind went through in an attempt to rationalize why it was ok that I was having overpowering feelings for another man.)

After having MPD get all worried, I finally told him my opinion as a gay man: he was very, very attractive to me not only because he was handsome and has big muscles, but I find his personality very attractive as well, and have not found many young men with the combination of good looks and caring heart like he has, and he is right up there with the most attractive men I've ever met. He made it clear to me that he definitely does not want that to change our friendship, which I agreed it shouldn't, but I felt bad. Here he had trusted me enough to strip off his shirt and expose the body he already feels poorly about, and I made it into something about me by freaking out and telling him I'm hot for his body. Nice.

-All in all, things are looking weird. Jay comes in two weeks. If things aren't improving by then, I'm going to vote for a step back from the relationship. I am undoubtedly one of the happiest gay men to ever live. I am in a stable, somewhat mature relationship, I like my man, I find him attractive, and when we do fuck, I am completely and totally sexually satisfied. I feel selfish saying it's not what I need or that it's not enough... But I don't know if it's going to be a relationship that makes it.

Well, that's all I remember from the list, and once again, it's late as balls. Fuck. Funeral Friday, driving back home to pick up some of the fam and then heading further on the road to spend time with friends who knew her. Not sure I'm ready emotionally, but oh well. You can't prepare for these things.

1 comment:

just that guy said...

Ok, where to begin on this comment... Your last post truly touched me. I have a friend from high school that sounds exactly like the girl you were describing and as I read I imagined her dying and scared myself a bit. My heart really goes out for you on that one.
The message from your mom sounds like an attempt to say she wants to talk about it with you. If I remember correctly you were a bit of a momma's boy (aren't we all?) and being gay shouldn't change that. I know how you feel though, since actually coming out to my mom I just tend to avoid the whole subject of a personal life in general. But it does sound like your mom is trying to reach out to you like my mom did, although mine may be slightly more tactful...
Glad to hear you finally told Jay everything. Secrets are the quickest way to kill a relationship. At some point they lead to resentment and eventually it all falls apart. I understand what you mean by the whole foreplay thing and getting to the sex... We are men, but it can't be discounted. The other thing is I'm pretty sure he was just desperately trying to cover for what happened and well, he decided that's the most convenient way to turn the tables form himself.
As for SW, well I don't know him personally, but I will tell you there are plenty of disgustingly hot guys here that I would never even think of because they are terrible people. They thrive on attention and hookups... When you see the ugliness under the exterior, well that's probably my biggest turn off. And the model... I'd probably snap him in half if I ever met him.
Hope all is well with you.