Friday, January 16, 2009

BSG 4.5.1 and my roommate is having an affair

Ahem.

For all of you low lifes out there, this is to let you know that the majestic Sci-Fi show has returned in full storm. Here is my synopsis and criticism. Herein lie spoilers for you lametards who didn't watch it as it happened a little over 2 hours ago.

What was "duh": Gaeta is still depressed. Starbuck really did blow to smithereens. She 'might' be a Cylon. Or just a clone. Tigh and the Old Man still drink and swear with and at each other and point loaded guns at each other's heads and throw shit because, well, that's what they do. Roslin is upset about Earth being all frakked to hell, and burns the book of prophecy. I mean, was she just hoping to die with GREEN under her feet instead of BROWN? She's shuffling off this mortal coil, man.

What I'm proud I can say I figured out during the first half of season 4: Ellen. Everyone saw that coming. The Final 4 remembering stuff when they got to Earth. The fact that some (12+?) of the survivors from 13th Colony's Earth fallout returned to Caprica town. Saw that one long time ago. The 13th colony not being humans, really. Saw that one LONG time ago. Starbuck really did blow to smithereens. No, wait, I already said that.

Stuff I'm going "huh" about: DEE?! Seriously, Eick and Moore, either you're crazy, you like dark material, or... Dee shot herself because when she picked up the ball and jacks she saw stuff she remembered too, realized she's a Cylon, and blew her brains out because she couldn't handle it... and besides, she'd resurrect somewhere else. (Did Ellen? Are we going to see her again?) Starbuck AND Ellen can't be #5, so again, either Starbuck is a clone of herself, or there are 13 (I have this theory that there are 13 Cylons, just like there are 13 colonies), or Ellen is an older version of 6 or Starbuck. And frak it all, why wasn't Gaeta a skinjob?! Guess he ended up with too much pain and angst and outcastness and freakishly ghoulish skin to be one of the bad guys.

Criticism: How can they distinguish between Cylon and Human remains?! Baltar was never able to produce something that could tell the difference--reliably--in mass amounts.
SHOW MORE OF SIX AND EIGHT, GODS DAMN IT!!! We still had 3 and Kara and Dee... who ended up not too attractive. I watch this show for the ladies, seriously.
What on EARTH is the rest of the season going to be about? I see, obviously, we're having some repeat episodes, first with Tom Zarek. Now, obviously the trillium ship is sick and tired of their labor, but face the facts: there's some poor kid in Africa who'd happily... oh, wait, not yet, sorry, bad motivator. There also seems to be another return to the show: Romo Lampkin. (Saw him walking along with an armed escort, seems he's been incarcerated for a while?) Guy always made the show fun, had a lot of audacity (Obama would have liked him... except he had a cat, and then he had a stinky dead cat, and it looks like Obama prefers dogs, or at least his girls do) maybe he'll help make Apollo president? (Because you know it's going to happen when Roslin croaks, Zarek and Baltar canNOT be president again, either one of them.)
If the rest of the season is "more of the same" (quelling uprisings, looking for Earth or somewhere to live, running from the Cylons and being racist against them, getting in the middle of the Cylon civil war... etc.), then darn it, 9 episodes are gonna stretch out forever.

'Course, if there are only 12 cylons, there still is the whole Starbuck thing, and then Dee really is dead because she couldn't live in space anymore. (Seriously, girl, pull yourself together, YOU JUST KISSED JAMIE BAMBER. Although, come to think of it, not a bad time to go.) If there are more than 12 cylons, then anyone who has died in the entire series could come back. (Obviously there was an entire race of the critters.) Or anyone living could be one.

I say they all die a bloody, fiery death in the end, with Adama having to watch his ship burn instead of going down with it. True irony, great angst material.

And my roommate is having an affair. At least, he'd better be. There is no way some married guy's buds keep him away from home for 5+ hours. He's been out of town for the week (married, she's there, he's here, long story) and just got back today. He called to say "some buddies asked me out to dinner"... around 7. And it's after midnight. Either they're getting shmammered again (which he's only done once, thank God), or yep, he's having an affair. He does this way too much, and I get pissed because I have to take care of his damn dog. I had to take care of it all week while he was gone, while I had the flu... He needs to pay me, seriously. He'll definitely be paying me to keep the affair quiet. Hey, capitalism's a bitch.

Lots to gripe about, but going to bed, still trying to recover.

No comments: